Mack's Mom - Joubert Syndrome & Ocular Motor Apraxia

Sunday, April 3, 2016

A day at the park with Mackenzie!

Mackenzie and I ventured out to the park last week........


She had so much fun doing different activities on her own. She told me I had to video her so then I could send it right to Daddy. :)

She started out riding her scooter.


Then she headed to the playground where she wanted to climb up 'the ladder'.


Then she wanted to jump off the stairs (something that she's very excited that she can do- jump off of anything and everything and land on her feet).


Then over to the jungle gym bar area. She assured me she would be careful climbing (and I love how she talked herself through it!).


I did have to stop recording to give a little extra help (despite Mack being determined to do it on her own). I did catch a picture of her on the top. 


And then once she went down and hung on the bars. 


Then she decided she wanted to go running in the field (and chase butterflies:)).


And off to the swings afterward. This is one of her favorite activities to do at the park especially since she started being able to swing fully on her own.


Lastly, she wanted another go around on her scooter.



I have to admit, watching Mack do all of the above made me a tad emotional. I looked back at videos I took of last summer at the same park and it made me realize how far she's come. I have a feeling that we will be spending lots of time this spring/summer at the playground!

No comments:

Post a Comment